Hi Everyone! Thank you for taking the time today to read Exterior and Interior Painting Specialists!! Today we are going to talk about how to pick out the perfect new color for your kitchen cabinets, the Exterior of your home or the Interior of the home. Here in our company, we use all Sherwin-Williams products so this blog will be featuring Sherwin-Williams!
Sherwin-Williams has an app that you can download!
Use ColorSnap® Visualizer for Web, Mobile, or iPad to capture colors from your surrounding and match them to Sherwin-Williams paint colors. Explore over 1,500 colors to get inspiration from a photo. Virtually paint your rooms with ColorSnap® Visualizer for Web and iPad.
The app allows you to browse their color selection and save your favorites! To make it even better, you can take a picture of whatever you’re painting (Cabinets, Walls, Furniture, etc.) and drag the color you want to see up there to picture it before actually dedicating to the color!
Keep this app in mind as you read through our helpful tips!
1) Choose a Color Scheme From the Largest Pattern in the Space:
2) Decorate From Dark to Light, Vertically
3) Start With the Formal Areas of the House:
4) Use the Color Wheel:
5) Use Your Clothes:
6) Back to Black:
7) Go With Grays:
8) Use the Rule of 60-30-10:
9) Make Small Spaces Pop:
10) Contrast Warm and Cool:
11) Rock a Monochromatic Look
12) Follow the Rule of Three:
13) Elegant look:
14) Vibrant look:
If you go somewhere and like a color you see, or you like a color already in your home, they make a tool that can scan the wall and pop up different options!
- The first look is just a typical repaint. Updating your kitchen with a fresh coat of paint can take your kitchen cave and turn it into an elegant hangout. Currently one of the most popular colors is a shade of grey.
2. Another way to give your kitchen its own personality is by having one of the detached sections an accent color while keeping the rest of the cabinets the same. It’s a way of having an accent without drawing too much attention away.
3. Another new up and coming look is accenting the island. Something about the center of the room being a darker color than the rest brings it all together. It gives the heart of the home its own heart.
4. Having the top a lighter color and the bottom a darker color. This nice accent separates the room in a nice clean line. It brings a sophisticated feel to the room. If you are feeling really rebellious, you can have the top cabinets the darker color.
Thank you for reading our blog! If you have any questions or have suggestions of what you’d like to see, please fill out the form below!