Hi Everyone! Thank you for taking the time today to read Exterior and Interior Painting Specialists blog!! Today we are going to talk about how to pick out the perfect new color for your kitchen cabinets, the Exterior of your home or the Interior of the home. Here in our company, we use all Sherwin-Williams products so this blog will be featuring Sherwin-Williams! We will also go over the different finishes, what they mean, and how to choose which is best for your new project!
Sherwin-Williams has an app that you can download!
Use ColorSnap® Visualizer for Web, Mobile, or iPad to capture colors from your surrounding and match them to Sherwin-Williams paint colors. Explore over 1,500 colors to get inspiration from a photo. Virtually paint your rooms with ColorSnap® Visualizer for Web and iPad.
The app allows you to browse their color selection and save your favorites! To make it even better, you can take a picture of whatever you’re painting (Cabinets, Walls, Furniture, etc.) and drag the color you want to see up there to picture it before actually dedicating to the color!
Keep this app in mind as you read through our helpful tips!
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Look at the largest space
- Decorate dark to light, vertically
- Start with formal areas of the home
- Use the color wheel
- Look at your wardrobe
- Back to black
- Going with grays
- Looking at small spaces
- Contrast warm and cool
- Rock the monochromatic look
- Follow the rules of three
- Elegant looks
- Vibrant looks
- Ceiling tips
- Bonus tips
- Different Kitchen Style options
- Different Finishes
- What finish is best for where
15 Helpful tips:
1) Choose a Color Scheme From the Largest Pattern in the Space:
2) Decorate From Dark to Light, Vertically
3) Start With the Formal Areas of the House:
4) Use the Color Wheel:
5) Use Your Clothes:
6) Back to Black:
7) Go With Grays:
8) Use the Rule of 60-30-10:
9) Make Small Spaces Pop:
10) Contrast Warm and Cool:
11) Rock a Monochromatic Look
12) Follow the Rule of Three:
13) Elegant look:
14) Vibrant look:
If you go somewhere and like a color you see, or you like a color already in your home, they make a tool that can scan the wall and pop up different options!
- The first look is just a typical repaint. Updating your kitchen with a fresh coat of paint can take your kitchen cave and turn it into an elegant hangout. Currently one of the most popular colors is a shade of grey.
2. Another way to give your kitchen its own personality is by having one of the detached sections an accent color while keeping the rest of the cabinets the same. It’s a way of having an accent without drawing too much attention away.
3. Another new up and coming look is accenting the island. Something about the center of the room being a darker color than the rest brings it all together. It gives the heart of the home its own heart.
4. Having the top a lighter color and the bottom a darker color. This nice accent separates the room in a nice clean line. It brings a sophisticated feel to the room. If you are feeling really rebellious, you can have the top cabinets the darker color.
- High Gloss: Most durable and reflects the most light. Will show any/all imperfections.
- Semi-Gloss: Easy to wipe off and clean. Shiny but not as shiny as high-gloss. Will show major imperfections but not all.
- Satin: Easy to clean doesn’t reflect a lot of light but doesn’t absorb the light.
- Eggshell: Soft, velvety look. Resists stains but you may need to scrub a little. There is no shine to this finish.
- Flat/Matte: There is no shine to this finish and it absorbs the light. Best for hiding imperfections in walls but is hard to clean, it may need painted over if it gets dirty enough.
What finish is best for where:
- High Gloss: Best for high traffic areas (Cabinets, Trim, Doors) Not good for most walls.
- Semi-gloss: Good for wet rooms (Kitchen, bathroom)
- Satin: Good for family rooms, foyers, halls and children’s rooms.
- Eggshell: Great for the dining room and living room.
- Flat/Matte: Good for adults rooms and ceilings. Not recommended for children’s rooms or high traffic areas.
Thank you for reading our blog! Today we went over some simple at home tips to picking out new colors to paint your walls and redecorate! We also went over different styles to paint your kitchen cabinets to give it its own personality and how to choose the finish for your paint!
We hope we helped you with this blog! Please fill out the form if you have any questions, would like to schedule an estimate, or have a request for a blog!