Hi! Welcome to Exterior and Interior Painting Specialists blog! We are a painting company based out of Pekin, Illinois and we service all of the central Illinois locations! We use all Sherwin-Williams products and have a 5 year guarantee on all of our projects. Our main divisions are Interior, Exterior, and Cabinets (Kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, etc.). We offer free estimates that do not expire, unless the project has changed in any way. A co-owner comes out for the estimates and walks you through our entire process, our estimates include the price of all material and labor, so again unless something changes there are no surprise charges!
Today we are going to go over all of the products we use for all of our divisions. Check out our table of contents below!
Table of Contents:
- Sherwin-Williams App
- Emerald Urethane Enamel
- Super Paint
- Super Deck
- Wood Scapes
Sherwin-Williams has an app that you can download!
Use ColorSnap® Visualizer for Web, Mobile, or iPad to capture colors from your surroundings and match them to Sherwin-Williams paint colors. Explore over 1,500 colors to get inspiration from a photo. Virtually paint your rooms with ColorSnap® Visualizer for Web and iPad.
The app allows you to browse their color selection and save your favorites! To make it even better, you can take a picture of whatever you’re painting (Cabinets, Walls, Furniture, etc.) and drag the color you want to see up there to picture it before actually dedicating to the color!
“Interior” can mean many things, it can be the trim such as window trim, door trim, baseboards or doors. It can also be ceilings, walls, and in some cases, furniture.
When it comes to buying paint for trim or doors, we use the same paint line we use for cabinets. You can read more about it in the cabinet section below!
If the walls have never been painted before they will need to be primed. If they have been painted before they will just need to be wiped down before painting. If you are painting a “more dirty” area, the walls will need to be cleaned with TSP (Trisodium Phosphate).
- Rigorous testing proves that Cashmere performs as an effective paint and primer in one, providing an additional value-added benefit
- Looks, feels and applies smooth and buttery.
- Silky, low-stipple appearance that looks good from all angles.
- Outstanding coverage and hide.
- Scrubbable for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Meets the most stringent VOC regulations.
- Available in flat enamel, low lustre, medium lustre and now pearl finish for a unique, luxurious, pearlescent sheen that shifts based on the viewing angle.
Cashmere can be painted anywhere in the home. It is a great quality paint!
Duration Home paint and primer in one features exclusive cross linking technology that actually repels stains. It also has advanced stain blocking technology to seal in stains already on your walls. Duration Home goes on smoothly and quickly and offers excellent hide. It is ideal for high traffic areas like kitchens and hallways and most stains wipe clean with water.
- This zero-VOC paint helps improve indoor air quality with Formaldehyde Reducing Technology* and has the power to reduce common indoor odors with Odor Eliminating Technology*
- Features breakthrough innovations that help promote better indoor air quality and reduce common indoor odors.
- Contains Formaldehyde Reducing Technology* helps reduce the levels of certain volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from potential sources such as insulation, carpet, cabinets and fabrics.
- Offers Odor Eliminating Technology* helps reduce common indoor odors, such as those from cooking, smoke and pets. Rooms stay fresher longer.
- Features anti-microbial agents that inhibit the growth of mold and mildew on the paint surface.
- Zero VOC formula and meets the most stringent VOC regulations, all while providing great hide and a durable finish.
- Available in a wide variety of colors and sheens, including; flat, eg-shel and semi-gloss. *The length of time Harmony actively reduces odors and formaldehyde depends on the concentration, the frequency of exposure and the amount of painted surface area.
Harmony is a fantastic paint line! It is especially useful for rooms with moisture, such as kitchens, bathrooms, entry ways, laundry rooms and basements. If you live in a humid area or some where where it rains a lot, you may want to use this all through out your home. As listed above in the product details, it features an anti-microbial agent that fights off mold and mildew.
Our cabinet painting process used to take us six days to complete one project, but after practicing over the last four years and working with Sherwin-Williams representatives, we were able to cut that time in half per project. You can click here to read all about our cabinet painting process here at Exterior and Interior Painting Specialists. The process is the same for all cabinets, whether they are in a garage, bathroom, kitchen or even laundry room. We use the same product on all cabinets, trim & doors.
- A smooth and luxurious finish for doors and trim. Delivers a finish that withstands wear and tear and goes on in fewer coats.
- Durable finish is great for windows, doors and trim.
- Perfect for areas that are cleaned frequently.
- Interior/exterior waterbased urethane modified alkyd with the look and feel of an alkyd/oil finish.
- Available in a range of Sherwin-Williams colors and custom tints in satin, semi-gloss and gloss sheens. Resists yellowing compared to traditional oil based paints and has excellent blocking resistance, allowing surfaces to maintain a tough, durable finish.
We use Emerald Urethane Enamel for many projects, as mentioned above. We use it for these things because it is so durable and lasts a long time. It’s great for areas that are touched a lot.
Achieve a smooth and luxurious finish on interior doors and trim with ProClassic® Alkyd Interior. It delivers a high-performing finish that withstands even the toughest wear and tear. This formula goes on smooth without brush or roller marks
This paint was the Emerald Urethane Enamel before Sherwin-Williams created it.
For exterior there are a lot of different surfaces that you may encounter. Luckily, Sherwin-Williams paint lines are advanced enough that each product can be used on multiple products.
- Formulated with Advanced Resin Technology for outstanding adhesion, hide and color retention.
- Outstanding coverage and durability. Provides a dirt-resistant and mildew-resistant coating.
- Withstands the elements and resists frost, peeling, blistering, fading and cracking.
- Low temperature application down to 35°F.
- Sherwin-Williams VinylSafe® paint colors allow you the freedom to choose from 100 color options, including a limited selection of darker colors formulated to resist warping or buckling when applied to sound, stable vinyl siding.
- Available in flat, satin, gloss and high-gloss sheens.
- High-gloss is ideal for reducing sticking on doors, windows and trim.
As it says above, this paint is safe to paint on vinyl. It can also be used on all other materials, some of course may need to be primed first! It can withstand cold temperatures as well!
- Formulated with exclusive MoistureGuard™ Technology for excellent moisture resistance in half the time of traditional latex paints — paint later in the day with confidence and less concern about dew or impending rain.
- A mildew resistant coating.
- Outstanding hide, coverage, durability and dirt resistance.
- Flows and levels for a smooth, uniform finish.
- Low temperature application down to 35°F.
- Can be tinted in VinylSafe® Paint Colors
This paint is critical to our exterior division here at Exterior and Interior Painting Specialists. This paint dries in half of the time, we use it at the beginning and end of our exterior session, just because the temperature and weather isn’t very stable here in central Illinois. Just like the super paint
- Protects the integrity of your wood deck for 3 years with fast, easy application.
- Penetrates bare wood, giving properly prepared decks excellent protection from sun and premature weathering.
- Contains agents which inhibit the growth of mildew on the surface of this paint film.
- Technologically advanced formula weathers similarly to oil-based stains. It wears away gradually rather than peeling and blistering at the end of its lifecycle.
- Can be applied on damp wood, so most jobs can be finished in a single day.
Super deck, as I’m sure you have guessed by the name is for wood decks.
- Enhances appearance and texture for great curb appeal.
- Penetrates for exceptional protection and resistance to peeling.
- Thick formula for uniform finish with great coverage.
- Excellent color retention provides a mildew resistance coating.
- Low temperature application to 35° F
Woodscapes is great for staining wood on your home. Stains can come in a solid, semi-solid or translucent. You of course can use paint on your wood as well.
For trusted performance at a great value, A-100® is an A-1 choice. With a 100% acrylic formula that covers well and lasts, A-100 Exterior Latex Paint is a proven performer that meets your expectations and your need to keep an eye on the bottom line.
A100 is a great paint for the exterior of your home!
Thank you for reading our blog today! We went over all of the interior and exterior paints and stains that we use here at Exterior and Interior Painting Specialists! If you’re doing an at home project or don’t live in our area, you can click on the paint line name and it will take you to Sherwin-Williams website and the data sheet! You can see more information and the price!